University Of Cape Town (UCT) Undergraduate Application Form
UCT Application, Check below for the various uct application methods There are two main application methods for UCT prospective students. We have the online application method and the offline or the hardcopy application method.
Apply to UCT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UCT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one?
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- You will need to have registered for the NBTs before applying online.
- You will need to pay an application fee.
- Need accommodation? Make sure you mark this on your application form.
- Remember to check faculty-specific requirements before applying.
- Please note: Postgraduate applicants can only apply online.
Click here to Apply to UCT Online
Apply to UCT using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- Postgraduate applicants cannot apply using a hardcopy form.
- There is a separate hardcopy application form for Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Fine Art applicants.
- Make sure you attach all required documents to your application form.
- You can use the 2023 Directions for Undergraduate Applicants booklet as a guide when completing your application form.
- Need accommodation? Be sure to mark this on your application form.
- Take note of the different addresses to send your application form to, if you are an Architecture, Fine Art or Health Sciences applicant.
In general, you can either submit your completed application form in person or to the following address:
The Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
Apply to UCT Residence
You will be able to indicate whether you would like student accommodation on your application form. Please note that applying for student housing is part of your application process. Student housing places are limited so UCT has a criterion for allocating these places.
Application Fees for UCT
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Let’s break it down: all current matric applicants will need to submit their grade 11 results as well as their latest grade 12 results. Failure to submit these results might delay your application process.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, you will need to make sure all your transcripts and academic records to date are submitted to the applications department as soon as possible. A final transcript of your current studies will also need to reach UCT at the earliest possible date. Pretty standard stuff.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll be able to check your application status online here.
Are you a student who has been anxiously waiting to find out if you have been accepted into University of Cape Town (UCT) for 2023 academic year? Are you a parent/guardian looking to check the admission status of your child at UCT?
You have come to the right place, we have documented all the steps to make it easy for you to find out your UCT application status online.
If you have any problems logging in, please consult the following document: Accessing PeopleSoft self-service for students.
Contact the University of Cape Town:
For more information on how to apply to UCT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UCT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel:021 650 2128