University Of South Africa (UNISA) Masters & Doctoral Applications Deadline
If you were looking to complete your Masters or Doctoral qualifications at Unisa in 2023 then you need to apply soon, as applications are closing tomorrow. Here are more details.
The University of South Africa (Unisa), the country’s largest open distance e-learning university offers many certificates, degrees and diplomas at the bachelor, master and doctoral levels.
Applications for Postgraduate qualifications such as Masters and Doctoral qualifications opened on 1 September and will be closing on 14 November 2022.
Applicants have been encouraged to submit their applications online before the deadline as no late applications will be accepted by Unisa.
Postgraduate qualifications are offered in various faculties.
- Accounting Sciences
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences
- Economic & Management Sciences
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering & Technology
- Graduate Studies
- Graduate School of Business Leadership
For more information on the qualifications Unisa offers, click here.
Students may only apply for one qualification at the master’s and doctoral level, so they must ensure that they meet the minimum admission requirements for their qualification of choice.
All applications for admission must be submitted online and applicants will need the following:
- A valid email address
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Application fee of R120 which should be paid once you receive your student number.
For more information on how to apply to Unisa, click here.
If you have any queries regarding master’s and doctoral applications, these should be submitted by sending an email to MandD@unisa.ac.za.
The verification of applications takes some time, and you may only receive feedback from Unisa six to eight weeks after the closing date for applications.
General resources: websites, and general SMS, fax and e-mail enquiries
A number of administrative processes, including the convenience of fee payments and information about examinations are available on the following platforms:
- All application, registration and study-related information is available on the Unisa corporate website in both web and mobi formats.
- Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za)
- The myUnisa website.
- myUnisa (https://my.unisa.ac.za/)
- Fax enquiries to 012 429 4150