Requirements For Midwifery Course In Kenya
Midwifery is an approach to care of women and their newborn infants whereby midwives: • optimise the normal biological, psychological, social and cultural processes of childbirth and. early life of the newborn; • work in partnership with women, respecting the individual circumstances and views of each. woman.
In this article Dashboardlogins tries to answer the question by publishing the Requirements For Midwifery Course in Kenya
Below are the Requirements For Midwifery Course In Kenya
If you aspire to work in health care either in the public or private sector, in the community or health facility, then WAKA has the course you have been aspiring for. We are in a mission to empower the community for strong health care service delivery/systems and in so doing ensure quality health for all. The Nursing Council of Kenya has accredited WAKA Medical Training Institute as to offer Diploma in Nursing (Registered Nurse).
- KCSE with mean grade C (plain) in mandatory subjects; English/ Kiswahili, Biology or Biological sciences and Chemistry. Additional subjects: C-(minus) in Physics or mathematics.
- KCSE with mean grade C (plain) in mandatory subjects; English/ Kiswahili, Biology or Biological sciences and Physical sciences. Additional subjects: C-(minus) in Mathematics.
- KCE Div.1 or II with at least six (6) credit passes in English, Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- Information communication technology
- Professionalism in nursing
- Communication skills and critical thinking
- Anatomy and physiology
- Microbiology, immunology and parasitology
- Fundamentals in nursing
- Trauma and emergency
- Sociology and anthropology
- Midwifery 1
- Introduction to community and environmental health
- Pharmacology 1
What are qualifications for nursing in Kenya?
- Candidates for admission must obtain the prescribed minimum grades in K.C.S.E.
- Biological Sciences, Physical Science, Mathematics, English or Kiswahili and one subject from group two of K.C.S.E.
- Alternatively, admission may be granted to outstanding diploma holders from recognised Nursing Colleges.
Where can I study midwifery in Kenya?
Bachelor of Science in Midwifery, Kenya | Undergraduate | Admissions | The Aga Khan University. This two and a half-year programme prepares midwives to provide safe, competent, culturally responsive and quality care at all levels of the healthcare system.