Requirements For Limited Company Registration In Kenya
In a limited company, the liability of members or subscribers of the company is limited to what they have invested or guaranteed to the company. Limited companies may be limited by shares or by guarantee. In a company limited by shares, the liability of members is limited to the unpaid value of shares.
In this article Dashboardlogins tries to answer the question by publishing the Requirements For Limited Company Registration in Kenya
Below are the Requirements For Limited Company Registration In Kenya
At B & I East Africa, we assist with the registration and processing of limited liability companies in Kenya. We provide a fast and reliable company formation service for clients in Kenya and all over the world.
How to register a Limited company in Kenya.
At B & I East Africa, we provide you with fast and reliable company registration and support services for your business. Any individual or group of people may register a limited company in Kenya for purposes of Business. Both locals and Foreign nationals may freely register a limited liability in Kenya without any restrictions.
Process for registration of a company in Kenya.
- 1. Name Search. The proposes company name has to be searched and reserved by the registrar of companies.
- 2. Execution of forms CR1, CR2, CR8 and statement of Nominal capital. Once the name is approved and reserved. The company registration forms are executed and signed by the subscribers and directors of the company.
- 3. Application for registration. – The application forms are then launched with the Registrar for registration.
- 4. Registration and issuance of certificate of Incorporation.
- 5. PIN application
What are the requirements for registering a company Kenya?
To register a company in Kenya. The following are required.
- Proposed name of company.
- Nature of business and objectives of the company..
- Names of the Directors of the company.
- Names of the shareholders if different from the directors.
- Contact information of the directors and shareholders – Email address, Telephone number, postal address and residential addresses.
- Division of shares between the shareholders of the company.
- Class of shares issued by the company.
- Scans of Passport bio data and passport photo of directors and shareholders.
- Nominal capital of the company.
- Proposed physical address of the company.
- Proposed name of company.
Can a foreigner register a company in kenya?
A foreign national wishing to register and own a company in Kenya may do so without a Kenyan director or shareholder.
However, there are certain sectors where Kenyan shareholding is required eg.
- Banking and financial Institutions.
- Betting Companies
- Recruitment companies
- Security Companies
How much does it cost to register a company in Kenya?
The cost of a company varies with the Nominal capital of the company. However, the basic Cost is Kshs 10,650
“After reservation of the proposed company name. We prepare the company registration forms viz, CR1, CR2, CR8 and STATEMENT OF NIMINAL CAPITAL and submit the same for registration.”
Can I register a company alone in Kenya?
The New companies Act provides for a minimum of 1 Director / shareholder in a company, So there can be a sole director ( shareholder) in a Kenya Company.
We also provide a whole range of post registration services to our clients.
- Foreign director PIN
- Company PIN
- Bank account processing
A PIN is a Tax registration certificate required by persons and corporates to open bank account, get a least, single business permits etc..
How can I check if a company is registered in Kenya?
To check the registration status of a company in Kenya or to confirm if the company is registered you can conduct a search on the eCitizen portal for a CR12 or official search.
What documents do I need to register a limited company?
- Statement of Nominal capital.
- CR1 – Company Registration form.
- CR 2 – Memorandum of a company with share capital
- BOF-1 – Beneficial owner Form
- CR 8 – Notice of address of Directors of a company,
- Model Articles of Association.