Requirements For Education Guidance And Counselling In Kenya
Guidance and counselling is the. process of helping individuals Discover and develop their educational, vocational and psychological potentialities and to achieve an optimal level of personal happiness and social usefulness.
In this article Dashboardlogins tries to answer the question by publishing the Requirements For Education Guidance And Counselling in Kenya
Below are the Requirements For Education Guidance And Counselling In Kenya
Entry requirements for Bachelor of Education (Guidance and Counselling)
- Minimum Mean Grade of C+ (Plus) at KCSE OR
- A-Level: 2 principals and a subsidiary OR
- Diploma in Counseling Psychology from a recognized institution may be admitted into the 2nd year of study.
- Those with early Childhood Development and Primary Education or Special needs education will be admitted to first year of study
Is guidance and Counselling marketable in Kenya?
Yes, the course is very marketable especially in light of increased cases of depression in both young people and adults in Kenya.
How much are Counsellors paid in Kenya?
How do I get a counseling license in Kenya?
- Be duly registered by the Government of Kenya.
- Be engaged in the promotion, training and practice of psychological counselling.
- Have a minimum staff of professional and practicing counselors accredited by KCPA.
- Submit a duly filled official application form from KCPA and payments:
- Registration fee: Ksh.
How do I become a licensed counselor in Kenya?
Minimum qualification is BA with a prerequisite Diploma in Counselling Studies or MA in Counselling Studies. Logged client work of One Thousand (1000) hours duly signed by a KCPA registered Senior Counsellor Supervisor. Certificate copy in Counsellor Supervision course.