Requirements For Diploma In Nursing In Kenya
What is Diploma In Nursing? A Diploma in Nursing or Nursing Diploma is an entry-level tertiary education nursing credential.
In this article Dashboardlogins tries to answer the question by publishing the requirements needed to become a Diploma In Nursing in Kenya
Below are the Requirements For Diploma In Nursing In Kenya
Nursing remains one of the most popular courses in Kenya.The minimum entry requirement for diploma in nursing is a C- in KCSE while degree course requires at least a C+,but the Nursing Council of Kenya has stipulated the entry requirements for the program at diploma level.
According to the Nursing Council of Kenya,you should have the following KCSE grades for you to pursue Nursing:
Minimum Entry Criteria: Diploma [Pre-Service]
Aggregate grade : C Plain
Biology or Biological Sciences: C Plain
English or Kiswahili: C Plain
Grade C- in any of the following subjects: Physical Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, General Science, Physics with Chemistry and NOT Clothing and Textiles
Minimum Entry Criteria for upgrade to Diploma [In-Service]
Aggregate of grade D+ or Division IV in the EACE exams
Nursing Council of Kenya Certificate 2 years post enrollment working experience
Minimum Entry Criteria: Degree [Pre-Service]
KCSE aggregate of grade: C+ with:
English or Kiswahili: C+
Mathematics or Physics: C+
English or Kiswahili: C+
Physical Sciences: C+
Biological Sciences: C+
Minimum Entry Criteria for Upgrade to Degree [In-Service]
Aggregate of grade C or Division II in the KCE exams
Mandatory: C in Biology or Biological Studies
Nursing Council of Kenya Diploma: KRN or KRCHN
2 years post diploma working experience
KENYA MEDICAL TRAINING COLLEGE (KMTC), which is the best college in Kenya for Nursing and health related courses, has outlined the following KCSE grades as Minimum Entry Requirements
C in English or Kiswahili and Biology or Biological Sciences, C- in any one of the following: Chemistry
or Physics or Physical Science or Mathematics
Aggregate Grade C plain and above
At MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY (MKU) these are the Minimum Entry Requirements for Nursing degree
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- KCSE mean grade C plain or Division II.
- A valid practice license from nursing council of Kenya.
- Two years’ work experience after
- graduation as a registered nurse.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI OFFERS B.SC. (NURSING), and here are admission requirements
- Candidates for admission must obtain the prescribed minimum grades in K.C.S.E. in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English or Kiswahili, or the following:
- Biological Sciences, Physical Science, Mathematics, English or Kiswahili and one subject from group two of K.C.S.E.
- Alternatively, admission may be granted to outstanding diploma holders from recognised Nursing Colleges. Such candidates must: Hold a diploma with credit or distinction from such Colleges.
- Be supported in their application by a statement from the principal of that college to the effect that their performance in the diploma course was exceptionally good and that their understanding of basic sciences is such that they will be able to benefit from a degree course.
- Any candidates currently employed shall have their application supported by a statement from their employer.
UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA BARATON offers several courses related to Nursing,and here are entry requirements
- A mean grade of C+ (minus) or better at the KCSE, division II or better, or its equivalent, is required for all pre-service students.
- A grade of C+ or credit in cluster subjects; Mathematics/Physics, Chemistry, (or Physical science), Biology, and English/Kiswahili
- Foreign students from non-English speaking countries, must have their High School certificates/diplomas translated in English with an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Kenya System.
Foreign trained nurses must assume responsibility to have their certificates/diplomas translated to English. It is strongly advised that this is done before admission.
- Foreign ‘0” level certificates are sent to the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) for equation to the Kenyan system. This is done during the pre-clinical period.
- For Registered Nurses, a mean grade of C plain, diploma certificate and practice license from the Nursing council of Kenya.
JKUAT offers Bachelor of Science Nursing,and here are admission requirements
The department currently offers a Bachelor of Science Nursing Programme
The minimum entry requirements are mean grade of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent with C+ in each of the following cluster subjects: English, Biology/Biological Sciences, Chemistry Mathematics or Physics.
RN to BScN Upgrading
• KCSE aggregate C plain plus Diploma in Nursing
• KCE/EACE Division 2 plus Diploma in Nursing
• KACE 1Principal and 2 Subsidiaries plus Diploma in Nursing
- At least 2 years working experience after attainment of the Diploma in Nursing
1 Direct Entry- Four (4) academic years on a full time basis
2 Upgrading- Two and a half academic years on part-time basis (2 days in a week)
3 Graduates of the programme will undertake a one year internship programme and sit for a licensing examination as prescribed by the Nursing Council of Kenya
How much is a nurse with diploma paid in Kenya?
A graduate with a degree in Nursing earns Ksh 70,000 to Ksh 200,000 per month while a diploma holder takes home Ksh 30,000 to Ksh 100,000 per month
How much do govt nurses earn in Kenya?
|Government of Kenya Registered Nurse salaries – 2 salaries reported||KES 64,500/mo|
|Kenyatta National Hospital Registered Nurse salaries – 2 salaries reported||KES 47,500/mo|
|Médecins Sans Frontières Registered Nurse salaries – 2 salaries reported||KES 92,500/mo|