Requirements For Diploma In Information Technology In Kenya
What is Diploma in Information technology? A diploma in Information technology is a one- or three-year program that focuses on IT technology, applications, computers, IT engineering, and other topics.
In this article Dashboardlogins.com tries to answer the question by publishing the Requirements For Diploma In Information Technology in Kenya
Below are the Requirements For Diploma In Information Technology In Kenya
This programme empowers students to use skills gained to use technology in managing and supporting business related computer systems. This course also bridges the existing knowledge gap in organisational data storage, business continuity, disaster recovery, security, business analytics and optimisation and enterprise architecture.
- IT Consultant
- Web Developer
- Computer Systems Manager
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Application Developer
- IT Manager
- Data Recovery Manager
- To produce IT specialists capable of providing IT business solutions.
- To prepare professionals with high quality IT knowledge and skills so as to take care of IT business related matters.
- To develop IT solutions and so as to enhance business and organizational efficiency.
- Develop analytical and logical thinking, problem solving, communication skills and team work.
- Acquire business principals in real world perspectives.
Duration of Programme
- Four(4) trimesters
Minimum Entry Requirements
- An aggregate mean grade of C- and above in K.C.S.E
- D- in Mathematics
- D- in either English or Kiswahili OR Relevant qualification approved by the University Senate
- Plan and implement computer applications in IT industry.
- Use Information Technology effectively in the work environment to analyze, identify and define organization requirements and opportunities.
- Design, install and manage computer networked systems.
- Analyse the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal and policy issues.
What subjects are needed in Information Technology?
The BIT course includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects: Business Management, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, English, Programming and Advanced Programming, Systems Development, Philosophy, Financial Accounting, Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Databases, Networks
Where can I study diploma in Information Technology in Kenya?
Universities and Colleges in Kenya Offering Diploma In Information Technology
- Kisumu Polytechnic Kisumu.
- Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development NACICO Campus.
- Thika Institute of Business Studies Highway Campus.
- Kisii University Nyamira Campus.
Is diploma in Information Technology marketable in Kenya?
Yes. IT is very marketable in Kenya and you are unlikely to go for long without getting an ideal job.. But there is a catch: You must know what you’re doing- and specifically, you must specialize in the right IT discipline for you to get a well-paying job.
How much does an IT person earn in Kenya?
KES 225,000, The estimated additional pay is KES 180,000 per month. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing. The “Most Likely Range” represents values that exist within the 25th and 75th percentile of all pay data available for this role.