Number Plates Of Vehicles In Zimbabwe
Permanent number plates are now available at Zimra border posts, so anyone importing a vehicle now buys the permanent plates as they clear their car through customs with temporary plates no longer issued or needed.
Since every vehicle now keeps the same plates for its Zimbabwean life, regardless of how many times it is bought and sold, this means that even commercial importers and clearing agents can buy the permanent plates at the same time they pay the import duty and subsequent owners simply have to pay the transfer taxes and register the ownership change.
In this article Dashboardlogins.com tries to answer the question by publishing the full list of Number Of Vehicles In Zimbabwe
Find below are the full list of Number Plates Of Vehicles In Zimbabwe
The below are representative examples of Zimbabwean plates, the top plate of each example represents the front plate of the car, whilst the bottom denotes the rear.
1971 to 2006 (Private)
1971 to 2006 (Commercial)
1971 to present (Military), YY denotes the year
2006 to present
Key information about Zimbabwe Registered Motor Vehicles
- Zimbabwe Registered Motor Vehicles was reported at 940.000 Unit th in Dec 2015.
- This records an increase from the previous number of 900.000 Unit th for Dec 2014.
- Zimbabwe Registered Motor Vehicles data is updated yearly, averaging 747.000 Unit th from Dec 2005 to 2015, with 11 observations.
- The data reached an all-time high of 940.000 Unit th in 2015 and a record low of 679.000 Unit th in 2005.
- Zimbabwe Registered Motor Vehicles data remains active status in CEIC and is reported by International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers. The data is categorized under World Trend Plus’s Association: Automobile Sector – Table RA.OICA.VIU: Vehicle In Use: by Country (Discontinued).
Where can I get number plates in Zimbabwe?
Private vehicle owners will buy and collect their sets from post offices and tax offices near their homes in all provinces.
What are the first 2 letters on a number plate?
What do the number plate letters stand for? The first two letters are known as the ‘local memory tag‘ and they show where the vehicle was registered.