List Of VAT Exempt Items In South Africa
In this articles Dashboardlogins.com tries to answer the question by publishing the full list of VAT Exempt Items In South Africa
Below are the Full List Of VAT Exempt Items In South Africa
The following goods and services are zero-rated:
• 19 basic food items
• Illuminating paraffin
• Goods which are subject to the fuel levy (petrol and diesel)
• International transport services
• Farming inputs
• Sales of going concerns,
• Certain grants by government.
Goods and services exempted from VAT are:
• Non-fee related financial services
• Educational services provided by an approved educational institution
• Residential rental accommodation, and
• Public road and rail transport.
Basic foodstuffs zero-rated in South Africa
• Maize meal.
• Mealie rice.
• Dried mealies.
• Dried beans.
• Pilchards/sardinella in tins.
• Milk powder.
• Dairy powder blend.
• Vegetable oil.
• Cultured milk.
• Brown wheaten meal.
• Edible legumes and pulses of leguminous plants.