List Of False Churches In South Africa
A false church is where the Word of God and true gospel is not honored or taught, where the sacraments are not properly administered, and where church discipline is not faithfully exercised.
In this articles Dashboardlogins.com tries to answer the question by publishing the full list of False Churches In South Africa
How to recognize a false churches in South Africa?
The teaching in a true church will, if you believe it, lead you to eternal life. The teaching in a false church will, if you believe it, lead you to eternal death. So it is very important that you know how to recognize a false church. Happily, it is not hard. There are several things that will help you spot a false church, so that you will not be deceived.
A church where the Gospel message of salvation from sin through the death of Jesus Christ is not preached, is a false church.
Whether the church is drawing you away from God by imposing rules to get saved, or by denying the truth of the Gospel, it is a false church. A church where the leaders seek power, money, and sexual relationships outside marriage is a false church.
Ways to Identify a False Church
1. “For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.” – Ephesians 5:3
The first way to identify a false church is by asking the question, “Is Jesus the head of this church?” If the answer is no, then I promise you, you have just walked into a false church. The head of a true church will always be Jesus Christ. Not some so called prophet, preacher, or teacher but Jesus Christ. Any church that does not have Christ as its head is a false church.
2. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! – Galatians 1:8
The second way to identify a false church is by asking the question, “Does this church preach the gospel of salvation the way the Bible preaches it or no?” If the answer is no, then it is a false church. So how does the Bible preach the gospel? Here is a good summary:
For it is by grace you have been saved,through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:8-10
Notice this text teaches 3 things:
a. We are saved by grace through faith. Any church that teaches that we are saved by our own works, that we are saved apart from Gods grace, or that we are saved apart from faith is preaching a false gospel.
b. Gods grace is a gift. Any church that teaches that Gods grace must be earned by following certain rules, believing certain things, or avoiding certain things is preaching a false gospel.
c. Gods grace produces good works. Any church that teaches that Gods grace gives us a license to live in sin is preaching a false gospel.
In summary, any church that teaches that we are saved by our own works, that Gods grace must be earned, and/or that grace gives us a license to sin is a false church.
3. We love because he first loved us. – 1 John 4:19
The third way to identify a false church is by asking the questions, “Does this church love people?” and “Does this church love God?” The answer to the second is determined by the answer to the first. If a church doesn’t love people, then it doesn’t love God. Any church that doesn’t love people the way God does is a false church.
4. If you love me, keep my commands…. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me…. Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. – John 14:15, 21, 23-24
The fourth way to identify a false church is by asking the question, “Does this church obey Gods commands?” Gods commands are the 10 commandments recorded in Exodus 20. Any church that teaches that Gods commands are no longer valid, that they don’t need to be kept, or that its OK to break them (licence to sin) is a false church.
5. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. – 2 Timothy 3:16
The fifth way to identify a false church is by asking the question, “Does this church believe in the Bible?” Any church that doesn’t believe in the Bible, has its own bible unique only to their denomination, adds to or takes away from the bible, or rejects portions of the bible is a false church. The Bible, from cover to cover, is Gods word. Any church that teaches otherwise, or that attempts to say that the Bible is incomplete, or subject to another mans (or woman’s) “inspired interpretation” is a false church. The Bible should be our only rule of faith and practice. As I once heard a preacher say, “If its in the word it deserves to be heard.” To which I add, “If its not in the word it does not deserve to be heard.”
6. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” – John 13:35
The sixth way to identify a false church is by asking the question, “Do the people in this church love one another?” Any church that is judgmental, cold, formal, hypocritical, and hostile toward itself and others is a false church. Even if this church has all of the right teachings and its theology is 100% correct it is still a false church without love. Jesus never said people would know us by our faithfulness in keeping the 10 commandments, doctrinal purity, musical selection, or dress code but by our love for one another.
7. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20.