How To Register An Ngo In Zimbabwe
A non-governmental organization or non-governmental organisation is an organization that generally is formed independent from government.
In this article Dashboardlogins.com tries to answer the question by publishing How To Register An Ngo In Zimbabwe
Below are How To Register An Ngo In Zimbabwe
Linnet Charangwa Associate
The Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare is responsible for registration of Non Profit Organisations/Non Governmental organisations which are registerd as Private Voluntary Organisations (PVOs) in Zimbabwe.
- Secretary for the Local organisation applying for registration as PVOs should lodge an application with the Registrar through the District Social Service Office in the area where their headquarters is located.
- The organization which lodges an application for registration as PVOs must at its own expense publish a notice of intention to be registered as such in a newspaper circulating in the area concerned.
- The District Social Services officer is responsible for the initial assessment of the organization after perusing the application and interviewing the applicants.
- Application is then forwarded to the Head Office through the Provincial Social Services Officer with the following documents for consideration by the PVO Board:
- Application form PVO 1, Form PVO 2 and proof of advertisement
- Copies of the organization’s constitution
- Curriculun Vitae of the members of the executive committee
- Proof of notification to local authorities of intent to register
- Police criminal clearance certificates
- International organizations applying for registration as PVOs should have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the relevant government ministries in their area of technical operations. The signed copy of the MOU is submitted to the Registrar together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae and Interpol Clearence certificate for the country representative. (Interpol clearance certificate is required where the country representative is of foreign origin, but local police clearance suffices where the representative a citizen or permanent resident of Zimbabwe.
- Proposed area of geographic coverage.
- Period of financial year.
How can I start my own NGO?
Steps to easily start an NGO in Zimbabwe
- Step 1: Decide the cause and mission of your NGO.
- Step 2: Set up the board of directors/members.
- Step 3: Decide the name of your NGO.
- Step 4: Memorandum Articles of incorporation/ Articles of Association.
- Step 5: Get your NGO registered.
- Step 6: Start collecting funds.