How To Change Names On UNEB Documents

By | December 11, 2022

How To Change Names On UNEB Documents


  1. Visit the National Identification and Register Authority Office (NIRA) or Uganda Registration Services Bureau Office (URSB) with all the required documents and the recommended fees
  2. Request for an application form ,read through the instruction carefully and fill it correctly. Link of application form Notification of change
  3. Submit the required documents to the attending official, who will verify and process your documents if all the information are in order and send them to the commissioner for Oaths
  4. Upon acceptance of the application by the Commissioner for Oaths, the applicant is required to post legal notices in newspapers to announce the name change.
  5. Not less than seven days after the publication of the notice, the person intending to change his or her name may apply in the prescribed form to the registrar of the births and deaths registration district in which his or her birth is registered.
  6. The registrar shall, upon being satisfied that the requirements of this section have been carried out and upon payment of the prescribed fee, amend the register accordingly and shall sign and date the amendment.

Required Documents

  • A letter from a responsible person, such as a GP, solicitor, minister, priest or MP
  • An advertisement in a local or national newspaper.
  • A statutory declaration ( a statement, recording your intention to abandon your old name and adopt a new one)
  • Name Change Affidavit

Office Locations & Contacts

Uganda Registration Services Bureau Head Office
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House,
P.O. Box 6848,
Kampala, Uganda.
Telephone: +256 414 233 219
Call centre: +256 417 338 100
Toll Free Line: 0800 100 006
Fax: +256 414 250 712

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *