Learn More About How To Add MX Record To Namecheap ;
Overview Of Namecheap
Namecheap founded by Richard Kirkendall is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar providing domain name registration and web hosting based in Phoenix, Arizona, US. Namecheap is a budget hosting provider with 11 million registered users and 10 million domains.
Is Namecheap A Good Company?
Trusted Brand: Namecheap has been around for over 20 years and is no stranger to the world of hosting. With over three million hosting customers under its wing, Namecheap is doing something right. You can trust that over the years, they have worked out a lot of kinks and today have a generally good product.
What Is Meant By MX Record ?
A DNS ‘mail exchange’ (MX) record directs email to a mail server. The MX record indicates how email messages should be routed in accordance with the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP, the standard protocol for all email). Like CNAME records, an MX record must always point to another domain. What is MX Namecheap? These instructions are for users who purchased their domain on Namecheap and would like to change their mail records (MX) so they can send and receive mail with Fastmail. Changing your MX records is the best option for users who have a website on their domain hosted with another service.
How To Add MX Record To Namecheap
If your domain is pointed to Namecheap BasicDNS, PremiumDNS or FreeDNS, you can configure mail service and MX records in your Namecheap account. NOTE: Before setting up your mail service, be sure that there is no CNAME record created for a bare domain, (e.g., yourdomain.tld) in the Host records section, or email will not work correctly. CNAME has the highest priority and prevails over all the other records for the host name, including MX Records which are responsible for mail delivery.
To set up MX records for your domain, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Namecheap account in the top left corner of the page.
2. Select Domain List in the left sidebar:
3. Click Manage next to the domain name you wish to set DNS records for:
4. Navigate to the Advanced DNS tab and go to the Mail Settings section (not able to edit Host Records?):
Here, you may choose one of the following Mail Settings depending on the mail service you wish to use:
- No Email Service– if you wish to use no mail service. Your domain will have no MX records.
- Email Forwarding– if you wish to create personalized e-mail addresses for a domain and forward emails to other email accounts of your choice. The MX records will be set up automatically after selecting this option:
- MXE record is used for forwarding mail to a mail server’s IP address:
- Custom MX is used to set MX records for third-party mail services, like cPanel webmail service (if you wish to use cPanel mail service with default nameservers), Zoho mail, Outlook.com, etc.
It is possible to indicate your own domain as the mail server address like mail.domain.tld or domain.tld. Please note that the corresponding A record pointing to the IP address of the mail server should be created in the DNS settings:
- Private Email – if you wish to set up MX records for the Namecheap Private email service. The MX records will be set up automatically after selecting this option:
- Gmail – if you have a G Suite subscription, select the Gmail option to set up the records needed for this mail service:
Once all necessary settings are selected, be sure to save changes. Normally, it takes 30 minutes for newly created records to take effect.
Unfortunately, Namecheap do not have phone support at this time. However, you can always contact Namecheap via their 24/7 Live chat or Ticket System.
Disclaimer ; Dashboard Logins is to guide you only on how to Login to the portal in question , But not the exact login page. Thank You…